Driving Value from AI – Online Course
AI is changing the world and your business. Are you ready to harness its power?
Our Driving Value from AI course pulls together thought leadership, experienced practitioners and engaging activities that you need to work responsibly and ethically with AI.
You will leave this course with the confidence and credibility to make a real impact with AI for your organisation, customers, employees and stakeholders.
Who is this course for?
This course is for you if you are ready to harness the power of AI in your organisation.
- Leaders and team members who are accountable for driving AI within their organisation
- Leaders and team members who are ready to use AI to benefit their business
- Business owners who need to understand the value of AI, and how to monetise it
The course is not industry-specific and applies to learners across all sectors from anywhere in the world. Our online courses are completely self-paced.
What will you learn?
You will finish the course knowing how to be credible when you talk about AI, and when you use it in practice.
- Communicate confidently about different AI techniques, technology, and business opportunities
- How AI can drive value in your business
- Create an AI vision that unites and inspires your team towards a common goal
- Start your AI strategy journey and take the following steps in creating an AI plan to achieve your goals, with the flexibility to adapt in an ever-changing world
Our courses are not technical and can be done at your own pace. They are guaranteed to have an impact on the way that your business uses AI. These courses have been created specifically for those working in businesses or organisations – which differ from the traditional personal upskilling journey of other courses in this realm.
Module 1: Introductory
- An overview of AI
- Understanding how AI actually works
- AI terminology and definitions
- Communicating about AI in simple terms
Module 2: Foundation
- The business opportunities presented by AI
- The value of AI and why you should invest in it
- The impact of AI on roles
- The practicalities of ethical AI
Module 3: Leadership
- Understanding what a successful AI leader looks like
- Getting the right culture to embrace AI
- Understanding the challenges of implementing AI, and how to overcome them
- AI guiding principles
Module 4: Future
- Leadership tips for success
- Characteristics of a successful AI leader
- What is the future of work in an AI-powered world
- Attracting AI talent
For a course on AI, the teaching had a very human grounding, and this paired with the focus on value makes the learning relevant to business now. I liked the external links and suggestions for additional reading. My to-read list is now full!Driving Value from AI online course participant
The activities are an absolutely crucial part to the educational outcomes of this course … the enrichment that they give to the learning material is priceless.Driving Value from AI online course participant
The interactive side feels fresh and plays an important role in tailoring the course to an individuals needs. The questions were really important in honing one’s own views about beliefs about the subject, and how to broach these aspects within your own organisation.Driving Value from AI online course participant
Why study with The Data Lab?
The Data Lab is hosted by the University of Edinburgh and funded through Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the Scottish Government. We are a respected and trusted provider of professional development, business support and innovation within Scotland, the UK and beyond.
Our courses provide actionable material to make an immediate impact. You’ll get precise instructions, step-by-step guidance, relatable case studies, and valuable material to use in your work – all without the jargon. Plus, they’re entirely non-technical – meaning that anyone can benefit, regardless of previous data knowledge.
All courses from The Data Lab benefit from a digital badge on completion that is compatible with LinkedIn and an asset to your CV or portfolio. These official credits are emailed directly to you and are easy to integrate following course completion.
Beyond your learning, you’ll have access to The Data Lab Community – an online community of over 2000 data professionals and business leaders worldwide. You can join online learning groups, discussion boards, access events, job postings and more.