Partner with The Data Lab to benefit your business and extend your reach
Is your business looking to raise its profile within Scotland’s data community? Do you want to highlight your capabilities, attract R&D support, and find new contacts, fresh talent, and collaboration partners?
Whatever your requirements, linking up with The Data Lab is a cost-effective way to meet your business development goals.
We help companies, organisations, and individuals capitalise on opportunities with data. With our extended network of over 1,500 companies, public sector organisations and universities, we work to make Scotland the global leader in data innovation.
Why become a partner?
Partnering with The Data Lab has something for every organisation, regardless of size or sector. Partners can exhibit at our conferences, gain access to the best data science talent, and join us in our mission to create the world’s most impactful data community.
The Data Lab is a not for profit organisation hosted by the University of Edinburgh and funded through Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the Scottish Government. We are a respected and trusted provider of professional development, business support and innovation within Scotland, the UK and beyond.
What is included in my partnership?
We offer bronze, silver, gold and platinum packages to suit your business needs. We’ll work with you to help you reach your overall business goals. Packages may include participation with:
- Data Talent: Scotland’s premiere in-person recruitment event for the AI and data science industries. It brings together the best and brightest talent from across the UK, with organisations in the public, private and third sectors actively recruiting for various roles.
- Data Summit: Our annual international showcase of innovation designed to showcase Scotland’s leading role in data science and artificial intelligence. We also present a two-week programme of international fringe events.
- Executive Dinner: This exclusive event is held the same week as Data Summit. It is specifically for leaders in the data and AI ecosystem who are looking to connect with industry partners and government.
- The Data Lab Community: Our online community which enables people interested in data and AI to connect, develop, learn and collaborate. With over 2600 engaged members and growing, it is home to some of the world’s most innovative companies, respected academics, renowned institutions and ambitious start-ups and students.
- The Data Lab Academy: The Data Lab Academy acts as a bridge between the academic world and real employment opportunities with a programme of workshops, networking events, masterclasses and a residential innovation challenge.
- Student Placements: Our student placements can help you to inform decisions and enhance your projects. We have over 100 students in our programme working on bringing their technical skills to the real world.
- Innovation Week: An opportunity to engage directly with data science students as they near the end of their studies. You can work with them to profile your organisation as an exemplary employer and facilitate direct networking with this talent pool.
Raise your profile
Showcase in front of all of the right people for recruitment and business development
Reach a wider audience
Introduce your brand and your expertise to the world
Enhance your reputation
Link-up with Scotland’s leading data science events
Get in touch to request a partnership information pack and speak to a member of our team:
Case studies showing what’s possible with data:
Scottish Curling’s Data Leadership triumph
Scottish Curling boasts a rich history of fostering social inclusion, promoting the sport of curling, and achieving excellence internationally. Armed with a passion for driving positive transformation, their CEO Vincent Bryson saw the potential of data-driven decision-making and embraced the opportunity to lead Scottish Curling into a new era with our Data Leadership Programme. The…
Seafood Innovation Fund: Machine learning to monitor lobster stock
The Data Lab’s data scientists in collaboration with Heriot-Watt University, Orkney Sustainable Fisheries, and Bangor University have unlocked the key to accurately measuring lobster stock like never before. By melding low-cost cameras with the magic of machine learning, this ground breaking solution will help fishers, researchers, and sustainable fisheries management by reducing costs and carbon…
News about partnership opportunities:
Crafting a standout CV: 5 essential tips for students and job seekers
In today’s competitive job market, your CV is your first opportunity to make a lasting impression on potential employers. Sara Orr-Saiz (Student Placement Coordinator, The Data Lab) and Max Baczynski (Business Development Manager, The Data Lab Academy) run the employability skills programme for The Data Lab Academy. They help integrated masters and MSc students to…
New course to boost business leaders’ understanding of AI
AI technology is evolving at an incredible pace with a raft of new solutions continually being brought to the market. However, while the benefits that AI could provide are apparent, many business leaders are at risk of being overwhelmed by the practical application of AI for their organisation. To address these concerns, The Data Lab…
Scottish primary schools win international data visualisation competition
Five Scottish primary schools have won The Data Lab’s inaugural Data Visualisation competition. Announced today at Data Summit, The Data Lab’s flagship conference, it was revealed that the schools in East Lothian, Fife, Scottish Borders and West Lothian collectively scooped the top prize in the competition which garnered entries from around the world. Their entry…
Sign up to our newsletter
The Data Lab Community enables data and AI professionals, academics, students and other enthusiasts to connect, collaborate and learn from each other.
Join our thousands of members for free today!