Some frequently asked questions
How do I conduct an interview?
- We discourage the word ‘interview’ as this is not a meeting to discuss a permanent position.
- We arrange ‘meetings’ between the students and potential host organisations to discuss Projects.
- Where possible, we encourage a virtual 1-1 meeting to take place – where the Project and the student’s suitability can be assessed and discussed. This will be an on-line meeting.
- All relevant internal stakeholders should be present at this meeting to streamline the process and avoid the need for multiple meetings.
- This is not an application for a graduate role therefore the process is entirely different to standard graduate recruitment
- Feedback and a decision must be relayed to The Data Lab/MBN within a maximum of 48 hours after meeting.
- Following current government guidance, meetings should be conducted using zoom/teams or another platform.
Will the student expect a permanent job?
- No, the student is aware that this a 8-12 week placement opportunity.
- If a permanent job does come to fruition after the placement, please discuss this directly with the student
Will the student be an expert in this area?
- These students are going through their learning journey, they will not be experts in any domain but can add enormous value to your organisation.
What sort of outcome should you expect?
Here are some examples from 2019-20