For more on how we can help your business enhance its digital strategy, get in touch
Plan your company’s digital future and make it a reality
In today’s digital world, every organisation has the potential to innovate with data, regardless of size or sector. Recognising data as a business opportunity, and not solely a responsibility of the IT department, is key. The importance of a robust data strategy — one that supports overall business goals — has never been clearer.
The Data Lab provides a range of support for companies looking to enhance their strategic approach to data.
How can we help?
Take part in a strategy sessions
Our strategy sessions are interactive roundtable discussions for business leaders. They will help you to identify strategic opportunities for data-driven innovation.
Collaborate with our in-house specialist data science team
Our team can work with you to scope and develop your data strategy, and then support you as you develop the use of data within your organisation.
Depending on your budget, and where you are at on your data journey, we can help you in a number of other ways:
- Our online course, Driving Value from Data, is a very accessible way for individuals or teams within your organisation to gain an understanding of what possibilities lie within your data, and what needs to be considered when building a data strategy.
- Driving Value from Data can also be delivered by one of our expert Associates in a one day in-person format, with case studies and content focused on your particular challenges.
- We can signpost your organisation to the people who can help you take your next steps – either from within our in-house data science team, or externally from our network.
- Join our online community, where we have over 1,400 people actively engaged and where you can ask questions, look for a mentor and gain insights and inspiration from peers and experts.
- Join us for our next Data Leaders programme. Over the course of 4 months, delegates will be shown how to lead and survive in a changing world, where data is the key
We are also developing a number of online tools that you will be able to access through our digital Community. Use them to enhance the way you use data in your organisation.
Why use this service?
Our experienced digital strategy experts will help you:
- Develop confidence, skills and knowledge in data science & AI.
- Implement a data driven culture.
- Develop actionable data insights.
- Develop strategic collaborations to enhance your data capabilities.
- Reimagine services and products through the use of data science & AI.
- Add value through data-driven innovation.
Get the expertise and insights you need
Build your data team
Get the digital skillset you need for success
Find out how to turn ideas into action
We provide additional strategic support to businesses through a number of other channels:
From non-technical interactive one-day workshops to our 4-month leadership programme, we help those charged with delivering change to know how to use data and embed data literacy across their organisations. We give leaders the skills and confidence to use data to help their businesses survive and thrive in a challenging world.
Data Skills for Work:
Develop the data literacy skills of your workforce by accessing grants for training.
Access our online courses to get your staff started and moving forward on their data journey.
Our Digital Strategy Team
Anna Ashton Scott
Programme Manager — Professional Development
Sonia Hadj Said
Administrator – Data Skills for Work
Product Manager – Data Skills for Work
Case studies showing what’s possible with data:
Driving Value from Data Case Study: NatureScot Supporting a Net-Zero Future
Biodiversity and nature play a key part in meeting climate change and net zero goals. NatureScot is Scotland’s nature agency responding to the twin crises of biodiversity loss and climate change. They work to protect and restore nature by inspiring everyone to value our natural world. Philippa Vigano, Innovative Technologies Programme Manager, recently completed our […]
Data Leaders Case Study: Social Bite
Beginning life as a small café in Edinburgh in 2012, Social Bite has become an internationally renowned charity, supporting people facing homelessness or facing barriers to employment. In the last decade, it has also established several programmes, such as The Social Bite Village, free food provision, and globally renowned campaigns including Sleep in the Park. […]
News about Professional Development:
Marking ChatGPT’s Homework with TDL’s Data Scientists
Recently The Data Lab team asked ChatGPT to write a blog post on the ‘𝗧𝗼𝗽 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗮 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯’. While this is unlikely to be the first or the last time that ChatGPT is called on to help with an assignment, its responses were telling – illustrating both the benefits and […]
Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc’s Innovation Challenge 2 Awards £86,000 in Funding
Five companies have been awarded funding as part of Michelin Scotland Innovation Parc’s (MSIP) second Innovation Challenge. MSIP and partners The Data Lab, CENSIS and Dundee City Council, are providing project funding of over £86,000, towards a total project cost of over £136,000. MSIP, a joint venture between Michelin, Dundee City Council and Scottish Enterprise, […]
Data trends for 2023 – As predicted by ChatGPT
While the questions for this blog piece were prompts from The Data Lab team (generated from points that the model had put forward), this entire article was written by AI chatbot, ChatGPT It is difficult to predict specific data trends for 2023 as they can change rapidly, but some likely possibilities include an increased focus […]
Sign up to our newsletter
The Data Lab Community enables data and AI professionals, academics, students and other enthusiasts to connect, collaborate and learn from each other.
Join our thousands of members for free today!