For more on how we can help your business enhance its digital strategy, get in touch
Plan your company’s digital future and make it a reality
In today’s digital world, every organisation has the potential to innovate with data, regardless of size or sector. Recognising data as a business opportunity, and not solely a responsibility of the IT department, is key. The importance of a robust data strategy — one that supports overall business goals — has never been clearer.
The Data Lab provides a range of support for companies looking to enhance their strategic approach to data.
How can we help?
Take part in a strategy sessions
Our strategy sessions are interactive roundtable discussions for business leaders. They will help you to identify strategic opportunities for data-driven innovation.
Collaborate with our in-house specialist data science team
Our team can work with you to scope and develop your data strategy, and then support you as you develop the use of data within your organisation.
Depending on your budget, and where you are at on your data journey, we can help you in a number of other ways:
- Our online course, Driving Value from Data, is a very accessible way for individuals or teams within your organisation to gain an understanding of what possibilities lie within your data, and what needs to be considered when building a data strategy.
- Driving Value from Data can also be delivered by one of our expert Associates in a one day in-person format, with case studies and content focused on your particular challenges.
- We can signpost your organisation to the people who can help you take your next steps – either from within our in-house data science team, or externally from our network.
- Join our online community, where we have over 1,400 people actively engaged and where you can ask questions, look for a mentor and gain insights and inspiration from peers and experts.
- Join us for our next Data Leaders programme. Over the course of 4 months, delegates will be shown how to lead and survive in a changing world, where data is the key
We are also developing a number of online tools that you will be able to access through our digital Community. Use them to enhance the way you use data in your organisation.
Why use this service?
Our experienced digital strategy experts will help you:
- Develop confidence, skills and knowledge in data science & AI.
- Implement a data driven culture.
- Develop actionable data insights.
- Develop strategic collaborations to enhance your data capabilities.
- Reimagine services and products through the use of data science & AI.
- Add value through data-driven innovation.
Get the expertise and insights you need
Build your data team
Get the digital skillset you need for success
Find out how to turn ideas into action
We provide additional strategic support to businesses through a number of other channels:
From non-technical interactive one-day workshops to our 4-month leadership programme, we help those charged with delivering change to know how to use data and embed data literacy across their organisations. We give leaders the skills and confidence to use data to help their businesses survive and thrive in a challenging world.
Data Skills for Work:
Develop the data literacy skills of your workforce by accessing grants for training.
Access our online courses to get your staff started and moving forward on their data journey.
Speak to one of our digital strategy team to find out how we can help your business
Case studies showing what’s possible with data:
Scottish Canals: Regeneration of canals improves community health
Scottish Canals is the public corporation of the Scottish Government responsible for managing the country’s inland waterways and is determined to bring these once vital trade routes back to life. It has invested more than £84m in regenerating the Forth and Clyde Canals as part of its Millennium Link project. Funded by The Data Lab, […]
Driving Value from Data Case Study: NatureScot Supporting a Net-Zero Future
Biodiversity and nature play a key part in meeting climate change and net zero goals. NatureScot is Scotland’s nature agency responding to the twin crises of biodiversity loss and climate change. They work to protect and restore nature by inspiring everyone to value our natural world. Philippa Vigano, Innovative Technologies Programme Manager, recently completed our […]
News about Professional Development:
Scottish Labour leader sees pioneering AI solution for epilepsy diagnosis
Scottish Labour leader Anas Sarwar had the opportunity to view a pioneering AI software solution that could transform the diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy during his visit to the William Quarriers Scottish Epilepsy Centre (WQSEC). The research was undertaken at Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU), thanks to funding from The Data Lab and the William Quarriers […]
New English partnership extends reach of The Data Lab
The Data Lab, Scotland’s innovation centre for AI and data science, has signed its first partnership agreement south of the Border. It will work with The Data Shed – a leading Leeds-based data engineering consultancy focused on delivering data transformation projects that reduce business risk and on understanding the potential of data. The partnership will […]
The data of Zelda and the future of the gaming industry
By Marta Monellini, Marketing and Communications Assistant From Hogwarts to Hyrule – the entertainment industry has a new king! Until last week Hogwarts Legacy held the crown for the biggest boxed video game release of 2023, despite active boycott pledges and controversy. However, on Friday, Nintendo released Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, bringing the crown […]
Sign up to our newsletter
The Data Lab Community enables data and AI professionals, academics, students and other enthusiasts to connect, collaborate and learn from each other.
Join our thousands of members for free today!