For more on how we can help your business enhance its digital strategy, get in touch
Plan your company’s digital future and make it a reality
In today’s digital world, every organisation has the potential to innovate with data, regardless of size or sector. Recognising data as a business opportunity, and not solely a responsibility of the IT department, is key. The importance of a robust data strategy — one that supports overall business goals — has never been clearer.
The Data Lab provides a range of support for companies looking to enhance their strategic approach to data.
How can we help?
Take part in a strategy sessions
Our strategy sessions are interactive roundtable discussions for business leaders. They will help you to identify strategic opportunities for data-driven innovation.
Collaborate with our in-house specialist data science team
Our team can work with you to scope and develop your data strategy, and then support you as you develop the use of data within your organisation.
Depending on your budget, and where you are at on your data journey, we can help you in a number of other ways:
- Our online course, Driving Value from Data, is a very accessible way for individuals or teams within your organisation to gain an understanding of what possibilities lie within your data, and what needs to be considered when building a data strategy.
- Driving Value from Data can also be delivered by one of our expert Associates in a one day in-person format, with case studies and content focused on your particular challenges.
- We can signpost your organisation to the people who can help you take your next steps – either from within our in-house data science team, or externally from our network.
- Join our online community, where we have over 1,400 people actively engaged and where you can ask questions, look for a mentor and gain insights and inspiration from peers and experts.
- Join us for our next Data Leaders programme. Over the course of 4 months, delegates will be shown how to lead and survive in a changing world, where data is the key
We are also developing a number of online tools that you will be able to access through our digital Community. Use them to enhance the way you use data in your organisation.
Why use this service?
Our experienced digital strategy experts will help you:
- Develop confidence, skills and knowledge in data science & AI.
- Implement a data driven culture.
- Develop actionable data insights.
- Develop strategic collaborations to enhance your data capabilities.
- Reimagine services and products through the use of data science & AI.
- Add value through data-driven innovation.
Get the expertise and insights you need
Build your data team
Get the digital skillset you need for success
Find out how to turn ideas into action
We provide additional strategic support to businesses through a number of other channels:
From non-technical interactive one-day workshops to our 4-month leadership programme, we help those charged with delivering change to know how to use data and embed data literacy across their organisations. We give leaders the skills and confidence to use data to help their businesses survive and thrive in a challenging world.
Data Skills for Work:
Develop the data literacy skills of your workforce by accessing grants for training.
Access our online courses to get your staff started and moving forward on their data journey.
Case studies showing what’s possible with data:
Scottish Curling’s Data Leadership triumph
Scottish Curling boasts a rich history of fostering social inclusion, promoting the sport of curling, and achieving excellence internationally. Armed with a passion for driving positive transformation, their CEO Vincent Bryson saw the potential of data-driven decision-making and embraced the opportunity to lead Scottish Curling into a new era with our Data Leadership Programme. The…
Seafood Innovation Fund: Machine learning to monitor lobster stock
The Data Lab’s data scientists in collaboration with Heriot-Watt University, Orkney Sustainable Fisheries, and Bangor University have unlocked the key to accurately measuring lobster stock like never before. By melding low-cost cameras with the magic of machine learning, this ground breaking solution will help fishers, researchers, and sustainable fisheries management by reducing costs and carbon…
News about Professional Development:
Join the Data for Entrepreneurs Pilot Programme
In collaboration with industry experts, The Data Lab is excited to announce the launch of its new course, “Data for Entrepreneurs.” This programme empowers aspiring and established entrepreneurs with the essential skills to succeed in today’s data-driven business landscape. The course features insights from industry leaders, including Steven Drost, Codebase CSO, and Chris Speed, Chair…
AI and You! A recap of the Aberdeen Data Summit
In early November, The Data Lab hosted a captivating gathering in Aberdeen that delved deep into data and artificial intelligence. Titled ‘AI and You: How AI is shaping your Experience’, the fringe event was an extension of the larger Data Summit 2023 in Edinburgh. It brought together data professionals and enthusiasts at OneTech Hub to…
Crafting a standout CV: 5 essential tips for students and job seekers
In today’s competitive job market, your CV is your first opportunity to make a lasting impression on potential employers. Sara Orr-Saiz (Student Placement Coordinator, The Data Lab) and Max Baczynski (Business Development Manager, The Data Lab Academy) run the employability skills programme for The Data Lab Academy. They help integrated masters and MSc students to…
Sign up to our newsletter
The Data Lab Community enables data and AI professionals, academics, students and other enthusiasts to connect, collaborate and learn from each other.
Join our thousands of members for free today!