Brain Health Technology and Data Challenge
Supporting collaboration between industry and academia
The Challenge Call has been developed by The Data Lab and Digital Health & Care Innovation Centre (DHI) to promote collaboration and data science innovation in brain health technology.
The resulting White Paper Paving the way towards the future of technologies for brain health and dementia prevention in Scotland highlighted the need for collaboration and co-production across multi-disciplinary teams – including expertise in cognitive impairment, ethics, industry, government agencies, patients and care providers.
There was also a clear need identified to capitalise on the capabilities of modern technology and data science (e.g. AI and machine learning) and draw more innovative companies into Scotland’s Healthy Ageing Innovation Cluster. Effective collaboration was recognised as being the critical factor in addressing the priorities sets by the Scottish Government. Aligned with the White Paper, The Data Lab and DHI challenge funding will focus on four connected themes:
- Adaptive technologies, precision medicine and interventions
- Technologies to enhance brain health
- Assistive technologies
- Co-design and co-production for brain health technologies
Companies interested in participating in the Challenge Call and submitting an Expression of Interest form, can download and complete the following form:
Challenge Call Timeline
- Challenge launch and call for EOIs: Nov 2, 2022
- New deadline for submission of completed EOI form: 5pm Jan 27, 2023
- Confirmation of approval to move to full funding application: Feb 3, 2023
- Deadline for full funding applications: Feb 24, 2023
- TDL and DHI Review team decisions communicated to applicants: March 3, 2023
- Project start dates will vary (from April 1, dependent on legals and project team capacity)
- All projects to be completed by Sept 1, 2023
Contact our Business Development Executive Darran Gardner to submit an expression of interest
The Data Lab Community is a digital community created to enable data & AI professionals & enthusiasts to connect, collaborate, develop and learn.
Join our 2000+ members for free today!
Sign up to our newsletter